The BioTherapeutics Laboratory is led by Dr. Ke Cheng and is a part of the Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences at the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine as well as the Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina State University. Our studies include regenerative medicine approaches by using patient-derived stem cells, biomaterials, and targeted nanoparticles. For stem cell research, we are interested in isolating patient-specific and organ-specific adult stem cells and testing their regenerative potential in small/large animal models of diseases. We are also taking an integrated approach that combines cells, biomaterials, nanoparticles, and other bioengineering approaches such as magnetic targeting to enhance the efficiency of stem cell therapies.
- Congrats to Zhenzhen! Our new paper on COVID-19 has been published on Nature Biomedical Engineering with a beautiful cover image.
- Dr. Ke Cheng will serve as the Chair for the NIH Biomaterials and Biointerfaces (BMBI) study section for 2022-2024.
- Congrats! Our paper developing ‘Nanodecoy’ therapy for COVID-19 is finally published on Nature Nanotechnology!
- Dr. Cheng is elected to be a Fellow of the International Academy of Medical and Biological Engineering (IAMBE)
- Thanks to Nature Reviews Cardiology for highlighting our work on exosome-eluting stents!