Welcome to Cheng Lab
Way to go, more to come.
The BioTherapeutics Laboratory is led by Dr. Ke Cheng and is a part of the Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences at the North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine as well as the Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and North Carolina State University. Our studies include regenerative medicine approaches by using patient-derived stem cells, biomaterials, and targeted nanoparticles. For stem cell research, we are interested in isolating patient-specific and organ-specific adult stem cells and testing their regenerative potential in small/large animal models of diseases. We are also taking an integrated approach that combines cells, biomaterials, nanoparticles, and other bioengineering approaches such as magnetic targeting to enhance the efficiency of stem cell therapies.
- Thanks to Advanced Science News for highlighting our work on a new antibody therapy redirecting stem cells from the lungs to repair heart injury!
- Congrats! Dr. Su’s paper is published in ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering with a fantastic cover image!
- Congrats to Shiqi for her paper published on Science Advances!
- Thanks to Nature Outlook for highlighting our work on exosome-based drug delivery for cancer study and heart repair!
- Thanks to Nature Medicine and Nature Reviews Cardiology for highlighting our work on cardiac patch!